Position: PR Account Director
Industry: Media Relations, Content Strategy, Digital Advertising
Employment type: Full-time
Location: Remote, but preferably Western Cape
Desired education level: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
Benefits: Flexi hours and bonus
Salary: Dependent on experience
About the job
We are looking for an Account Director with PR Agency experience, preferably in the B2B tech space.
This position is ideal for a female looking to move for work-life balance, happiness and remote working. We are a small, but established team with a fantastic track record and long-standing local and international clients. Most of our new business comes from referrals and our international networks.
The owner is currently acting is Account Director, but wants to focus on running the company and business development in future. The team is strong and capable with 1 x PR Assistant and 1 x Junior Account Manager.
The Account Director will report to the Owner of the PR Agency.
If technology is your passion and you’re keen to escape big agency life or the corporate world, consider this opportunity.
This position is ideal to start 1 April 2021.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with all the clients as well as with the team to craft and drive outcome-based communications programs. You will be accountable for measurable results.
You will work with key media influencers, social media experts, subject matter experts and a variety of freelancers.
The success of this job requires the ability to balance a number of priorities. It requires the ability to prioritise and focus on the areas where communications can have the biggest impact and demonstrate tangible results around influencing our audiences’ perceptions, attitudes and behaviours.
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
• Build rapport with clients and develop strong client relationships
• Deeply understand the clients’ brand and their business objectives
• Manage client expectations
• Anticipates and assists in developing solutions to client needs and handle issues when they arise
• Think strategically and deliver clear recommendations to client problems
• Report back internally on execution of client strategy against measures
• Help develop accurate account budget forecasts, foster and grow client revenue and upsell where required
• Assist with the strategy and drafting of communication programmes based on team input
• Drive the delivery/execution of all campaigns accurately and on time
• Be the day-to-day client contact on work in progress
• Take briefs from client to relay and inspire the team
• Project manage campaigns in terms of deliverables, timings, costs and process
• Delivering quality work, on time and according to instructions
• Handle the day-to-day account admin, including status reports to clients
• Is on top of business trends for industry segment/products and in particular the financial services sector.
• Can draw on the talents of colleagues in own problem solving and planning
• Oversees and directs media campaigns
• Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists
• Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader
• Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.)
• Understands the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources
• Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
• Has experience in building effective, productive account teams using current resources as well as assisting in the hiring process of building the team
• Delegates effectively
• Assists peers in problem-solving
• Leads and participates actively in team, staff and client meetings
Who you are
• You are a seasoned communications professional with 8-10 years of direct PR and communications experience.
• You have worked with and built trusted relationships with journalists and other key influencers in South Africa and on pan-African level, including national, business, technology and social media.
• You have strong interpersonal skills, intuitive ability to read people, influence where appropriate and execute. You have senior level experience in giving counsel to executives and need to have credibility and presence with clients.
• You are self-motivated with ability to handle areas of responsibility with minimum supervision and guidance.
• You have proven project management skills with the ability to meet milestones, tight deadlines, and balance concurrent projects.
• You have experience in tracking and reporting on communications outcome metrics and use the data to continually improve communications campaigns.
• You are a flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to gain consensus among others and handle sensitive situations.
• You have a deep understanding of how communications and marketing should work together.
• You are able to work as part of a team.
• You are able to exercise discretion when presented with sensitive information or confidential issues.
To apply, please send your CV to: [email protected]